Mountain Bike The Outback Guided Tour
Whatever your fitness level, whatever your confidence level, our Alice Springs Mountain Bike Tours are customised to your experiences needs and wants. Following set up with equipment and bike, we venture into the bush that surrounds Alice Springs and ride some of the most amazing and unique mountain bike trails in AUSTRALIA.
While the adrenaline is pumping, we’ll be on the look out for friendly wallabies and kangaroos.
You will be treated to views of the town that only the locals get to see. Our trails are Alice’s best kept secret!
- Mountain bike, helmet, tour guide, water bottle, drinks and snacks
- Riders should wear comfortable runners/walking shoes and non-restricting clothing (loose trousers are not advised)
- Items to bring: daypack to carry personal items, drinking water, sunscreen, sunglasses & camera if desired
- Not suitable for children under 12 years of age
- $155 AUD per person (minimum of 2 people)
- $200 AUD per person inludes 3 hour MTB Tour, plus use of the bike for 24 hours.
- From 1 January – 31 March: Tours depart 6am (sunrise tour) & 4pm (sunset tour) daily
- From 1 April – 30 September: Tours depart daily at 10:00am
- All tours depart from Outback Cycling, 6/63 Todd Mall, Alice Springs
- To book “Mountain Bike The Outback”, please call +61 08 8952 1541 or click here.
Velo Excursion Guided Tours
Travelling by bicycle, you will immerse yourself in all the diversity that our frontier town, Alice Springs, has to offer. Enjoy a picturesque 3km bike ride alongside the dry Todd River bed into the National Park. On this route you’ll experience the unique detail of this classic outback town. Upon arrival of our first destination, you will learn about the original town settlement at the Alice Springs Telegraph Station. Here, you can enjoy an NT roasted barista coffee, home baked cake and a stroll through the Trail Station Cafe Gift Shop. Next, your guide will lead you to Yubu Napa Art Gallery, where original and contemporary Indigenous artworks are showcased. Regularly, Indigenous artists are painting in residence.
- Total tour duration is 4 hours; this includes bike and equipment set-up, skills tuition (where required) and rest stops along the way
- Participants should bring a minimum of 700ml of drinking water
- The tour takes place only on sealed paths
- Please contact us if you have a group of 6 or larger
- $160 per adult (minimum 2 adults required for tour to operate)
- $39.50 per child aged 7 – 12 years
- $30 per child aged 6 & under
1 April – 30 September: Tours depart daily at 9:00am and 2:00pm
1 October – 31 March: Tours depart at 3pm daily
WHERE TO FIND US:
Cancellation policy :
- If Outback Cycling cancels the tour due to poor weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be provided to customers who have booked and paid
- If the customer cancels their booking more than 48 hours before the commencement of the tour, 50% refund will be offered
- If the customer cancels their booking within 48 hours of the commencement of the tour, or does not present to the tour at the advertised time, then they forfeit any payment they have made for the tour
- When bookings are cancelled (by either the customer, or Outback Cycling), any refunds provided will not include any of the fees or payment surcharges incurred by the payment process selected at the time of booking